The Imperial Fire Structural Fire Turnout Suit is A 3 LAYER fire suit often referred to as the “Bunker Suit”.
The Structural Fire suit is constructed from a lightweight fire inherent outer shell, moisture barrier and thermal barrier. The fire suits are lighter than before, with extra mobility and comfort without compromising the standard required for NFPA. The suit is manufactured to ensure superior protection for fire fighters.
- The jacket panels are shaped to provide a tailor fit garment
- Outer shell fabric is predominantly made from Nomex & Kevlar and had inherent fire resistant properties, ensuring durability and consistent protection
- The outer shell fabric does not melt or drip when exposed to fire or heat but the fibres carbonises and closes up for a few seconds, thereby preventing flame from injuring the wearer
- The moisture barrier acts as a sponge absorbing water vapour away from the firefighter but does not allow water or rain from penetrating the suit
- The thermal barrier reduces heat stress allowing a more comfortable and longer working time for the firefighter.
- The elbows and knees are reinforced with strong, durable, lightweight Arashield
- The collar and throat flaps remain in a vertical position when set upright
- Extra-large underarm gusset for optical and uninhibited movement and prevents jacket from lifting
- Extra wide gusset at crotch allows for a maximum torso and leg socket rotation which allows for natural movement
- Reflective Trims on the jacket and trousers ensure all round visibility
- Drag Rescue Device (DRD) attached on request