First Responder (FR)
When faced with extraordinary situations, anything can happen. With proper training and education, nominated personnel will be able to make the right decisions in these emergency situations. A First Responder who is close at hand, properly trained and well versed in contemporary first aid techniques does save lives and limits further harm and injury.
ATA International is well positioned to deliver and present internationally certified First Responder training on-site, across Africa. The training has a core focus on achieving competency.
The First Responder training is an ECSI approved training programme that is offered in association with the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American College of Emergency Physicians.
The course covers theory and practical skills related to the following subjects:
- Principals of emergency care, safety and emergency scene management
- Artificial respirations
- One Man Adult CPR with and without an AED
- Airway obstruction
- Wounds and bleeding
- Shock, unconsciousness and fainting
- Fractures and splinting
- Head and spinal injuries
- Practical demonstrations and participation by each learner in the practical exercises
- ATA International provides for all aspects related to the presentation of these courses